We're excited to announce that we’ve decided to move the 2020 Design & Content Conference online to a virtual event. While it was a difficult decision, it felt right to keep the community and connections going for our sixth year! We’re collectively fighting against COVID-19 by keeping our distance and our motto from the start has never been more true, we’re #bettertogether when working towards a common cause.
Dates and times
We'd be holding the event on July 15 and 16th from 9am - 1pm PST to make it as easy as possible for people to attend in real-time so you can interact with the speakers, sponsors, and each other! Don’t worry if you can’t make it for the entire time, as a paid attendee you’ll receive all the recorded talks, slides, and event extras.
You’ll watch talks from:
- Sarah Richards - Content Design: Why There’s Another Title In Our Industry
- David Dylan Thomas - Fight Bias with Content Strategy
- Sheryl Cababa - Designing Backwards: Using Outcomes to Avoid Unintended Consequences
- Sara Wachter-Boettcher - Leading Design + Content, Leading Change
- Jessica MacQueen, Sophia Hoosein - The Institutional Killjoy and the Transformation of Public Sector Content
- Wendy Johansson - Computational Experience: The New CX
- Saata Bangura - Designing for a Better World
- Lisa Maria Marquis - Categories & Consequences: The politics of organizing information
- Steve Fisher - Measuring the Value of Design and Content
- Jonathon Colman - How to Maximize the Impact of Your Content Team
These are difficult times and we understand that, so we’re significantly lowering the conference registration fee to just $200 Canadian (approx $150 USD) for regular attendees and $50 for students. Along with that we’ve got a few different discounts folks from non-profits, government, and educational institutions.
We’re also bringing back the DCC Fund to provide as many tickets as possible for people in under-represented groups to attend at no cost. As part of your registration you can choose to contribute to the DCC Fund to help break down barriers for more people to attend. Read more about applying for the fund.
If you registered at our previous prices we have a few options for you:
- You can get refunded for the price difference.
- You can donate the price difference to the DCC Fund helping under-represented groups attend the event.
- You can get a 100% refund with no cancellation fee.
All you have to do is reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let our team know your preference.
A big thanks to our sponsors TELUS Digital, Yellow Pencil, and LinkedIn who have helped us keep the costs down and continue to provide a world class event. We couldn’t do this without them!
Look for more updates from our team over the next few weeks and we can’t wait to see you all online!