In the spirit of continuing to make the Design & Content Conference more diverse and inclusive, we’re proud to share that the DCC Fund is returning for our 2020 event. The DCC Fund is designed to eliminate barriers for underrepresented groups to attend the DCC.
We’re thankful to our founding company, The Republic of Quality, for keeping this program alive in its third year with self funding and more recently for LinkedIn jumping in to contribute to the fund.
If you or your company are keen to contribute and support the fund, we're still looking for additional 2020 sponsoring partners. Please contact us to get that conversation started.
The fund will be used to cover costs associated with conference fees for the selected applicants to attend DCC in online on July 15-16, 2020.
Applications for the DCC Fund open May 4th, 2020 and are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
DCC Fund Eligibility Criteria
Applications are welcomed from individuals who:
- Are a member of the following underrepresented groups: Indigenous peoples, racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ+
- Agree to the DCC Code of Conduct
- Would be unable to attend due to a financial barrier
What the DCC Fund Can Provide
- Full registration to the 2020 Design & Content Virtual Conference.
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject heading "DCC Fund Application" and include the following:
A note of interest, which briefly:
- Describes your eligibility and need for the funding
- Describe how the conference will help with your professional/career goals and other interests
- Describes your interest in the conference and what you hope to get out of this experience
- Outlines if you have ever attended a design and/or content focused conference
- If you are employed, does your employer have a professional development budget? If yes, how much of the event costs would it cover?
- A resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile
If you are a successful applicant, we will handle your registration for you.
Partner With Us
We’re thankful to our founding company, The Republic of Quality, for keeping this program alive in its third year by self funding and for the contribution from LinkedIn. If you or your company are keen to contribute and support the fund so we can support more individuals, we are still looking for additional 2020 sponsoring partners. Please contact us to get that conversation started.