The contest has closed
Congratulations to Chibuzo Uguru on winning the free ticket and thanks to the over 500 people who entered! If you haven't heard from us just yet, don't worry. We will be contacting everyone via Twitter DM with a special surprise..
What is the Design & Content Conference?
Designers and content strategists team up and learn from industry leaders to craft experiences and tell stories that shape the future of the web. A day of workshops, two days of talks, and some brilliant extras. It's the world's premier conference bringing together designers and content strategists.
How can I win a ticket?
Step 1: Like the Design and Content Conference Facebook page below.
Step 2: Tweet the following and follow our Twitter account to complete your entry. Win a ticket to the Design & Content Conference in Vancouver. The perfect summer event from July 17-19 @dcontentconf www.designcontentconf.com/win-a-ticket
Once you completed those two steps, you've entered to win! We'll notify the winner on February 21 at 4:00 pm PDT via Twitter DM (so don't forget to follow our Twitter account, @dcontentconf). We'll also update this page and our Facebook page once a winner is confirmed (see details below).
If you've already purchased a ticket, you can still enter. If you win, we'll refund you the purchase price of your conference ticket.
Special thanks to the GDC for making this possible
GDC is Canadaʼs national certification body for graphic and communication design and, since 1956, has established standards for design professionals, educators, and leaders. Through our certification program, GDC licenses the unique CGD certification mark to members whose services meet rigorous, standardized criteria. The CGD certification mark is recognized across Canada as the mark of professional services and ethical business conduct.
GDC is a member-based organization of design professionals, educators, administrators, students and affiliates in communications, marketing, media and design-related fields. Our members come together via nine chapters across Canada to advocate for the advancement of the design profession.
Who's Speaking at the Conference?
Speakers include Tracy Clayton from Buzzfeed, Margot Bloomstein, Yesenia Perez-Cruz from Vox, Kat Holmes from Microsoft, and many more. See the full line-up of speakers on the speakers page.
When and where is the conference?
The conference is on July 17-19, 2017 at Simon Fraser University’s Goldcorp Centre for the Arts in downtown Vancouver. The Goldcorp Centre for the Arts is situated in the centre of Vancouver’s historical district, where the city’s oldest neighbourhoods—Chinatown, Gastown, and the Downtown Eastside—are steps away.
What are the competition rules, terms, and conditions?
By entering the competition you agree to and confirm you understand the following;
- The competition opens for entry from 8:00 am PDT February 7, 2017
- The competition closes for entry on 3:00 pm PDT February 21, 2017
- The competition is open to entrants worldwide, aged 18 and over.
- The prize does not cover any travel, food, accommodation or other expenses you incur for the conference.
- The prize does not hold a cash value, can not be transferred, or refunded.
- For valid entry complete both Step 1: Liking the Design and Content Conference Facebook page. Step 2: tweeting: Win a ticket to the Design & Content Conference in Vancouver. The perfect summer event July 17-19 @dcontentconf www.designcontentconf.com/win-a-ticket
- One entry per person.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entrants who completed Step 1 and 2. If you're already liked our Facebook page, don't worry, that works.
- The winner will be sent a Twitter DM within an hour of the closing time and will have 7 days to respond with delivery details, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
- If the winner has already purchased a ticket for the conference they will be refunded the conference only portion of their registration.