In the spirit of continuing to make the Design & Content Conference more diverse and inclusive, we’re proud to share that the DCC Fund is returning for our 2019 event. The DCC Fund is designed to eliminate barriers for underrepresented groups to attend the DCC.
In 2018, through the support of Shopify, the fund was able to send 14 people to the Design & Content Conference that otherwise would not have been able to attend. We’re thankful to our founding company, The Republic of Quality, for keeping this program alive in its second year with self funding and more recently for Harvest jumping in to contribute some funds as well.
If you or your company are keen to contribute and support the fund, we're still looking for a 2019 sponsoring partner (or partners). Please contact us to get that conversation started. We're still looking for 2-3 more partners.
The fund will be used to cover costs associated with workshop and conference fees for the selected applicants to attend DCC in Vancouver, BC on July 17-19, 2019.
Applications for the DCC Fund open May 9th, 2019 and are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
DCC Fund Eligibility Criteria
Applications are welcomed from individuals who:
- Are a member of the following underrepresented groups: Indigenous peoples, racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ+
- Agree to the DCC Code of Conduct
- Would be unable to attend due to a financial barrier
What the DCC Fund Can Provide
- Full registration to the 2019 Design & Content Conference, with the workshop of your choice
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "DCC Fund Application" and include the following:
A letter of interest, which:
- Describes your eligibility and need for the funding
- Describe how the conference will help with your professional/career goals and other interests
- Describes your interest in the conference and what you hope to get out of this experience
- Outlines if you have ever attended a design and/or content focused conference
- If you are employed, does your employer have a professional development budget? If yes, how much of the event costs would it cover?
- A resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile
If you are a successful applicant, we will handle your registration for you.
Partner With Us
We’re thankful to our founding company, The Republic of Quality, for keeping this program alive in its second year by self funding. If you or your company are keen to contribute and support the fund so we can support more individuals, we are still looking for a 2019 sponsoring partner or partners. Please contact us to get that conversation started.