In the spirit of making the Design & Content Conference more diverse and inclusive, we’re proud to announce the DCC Fund, supported by Shopify. The DCC Fund is designed to eliminate barriers for underrepresented groups to attend the DCC. We’re thankful Shopify was keen to bring this program to life for the first time.
The fund will be used to cover costs associated with accomodation, travel, workshop and conference fees for the selected applicants to attend the DCC, held in Vancouver, BC on July 25-27, 2018.
Applications for the DCC Fund open April 9, 2018 and are due by May 4, 2018 at 9pm PST.
DCC Fund Eligibility Criteria
Applications are welcomed from individuals who:
- Are a member of the following underrepresented groups: Indigenous peoples, racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ+
- Agree to the DCC Code of Conduct
- Would be unable to attend due to a financial barrier
What the DCC Fund Can Provide
An applicant can apply for any or all of the following: - Full registration to the 2018 DCC, with the workshop of your choice - Up to three nights at the official DCC Hotel, The Metropolitan Vancouver - Travel expenses (up to CAN$1,000)
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject heading DCC Fund Application containing the following:
A letter of interest, which:
- Describes your eligibility and need for the funding
- Describe how the conference will help with your professional/career goals and other interests
- Describes your interest in the conference and what you hope to get out of this experience
- Outlines if you have ever attended a designer and/or content focused conference
- If you are employed, does your employer have a professional development budget? If yes, how much of the event costs would it cover?
- A resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile
If you are a successful applicant, we will handle your registration, accomodation and travel arrangements.
Shopify is leveling the playing field for entrepreneurs by building products that help anyone with a great idea build a successful business. Starting out with a few people obsessed with personal growth, Shopify is now a team of over 3,000 with offices and remote teams across the globe. They’re growing quickly and building an international team that will define the future of entrepreneurship. Visit Shopify.com/careers to find out what they're working on.