Science World - 1455 Quebec St, Vancouver
On Tuesday, July 18th, 2017, The Design & Content Conference will return to the nerd mecca of Science World. Science World hosted us in our first year and feedback tells us you're keen to return.
We’re thrilled with this venue and we can’t wait to head back. This is your chance to unwind, grab a bite to eat, and enjoy the company of your peers while the sun sets over Vancouver. All while surrounded by the False Creek inlet, a cityscape view, and science!
"Launch a parachute, capture your shadow and move yourself with a giant propeller as you experiment with water, light, sound and motion among the colourful and lively exhibits in Eureka! Hands-on discovery encourages visitors to try new things and ask "What would happen if...?" Home to our spectacular water table, ball launchers and walk on piano, Eureka! is the place that brings out the curious scientist in all of us." - Science World
6:30 - 9:30pm: We’ll head into the Eureka Gallery at Science World reserved especially for us. We’ll have food for everyone, music, photo booth, great conversation, a cash bar, and one of the best views of Vancouver. All you need is your conference badge to get in!
Science World is located at: 1455 Quebec St, Vancouver.
If you’d like to venture out on your own from the conference hotel the Skytrain is a quick and easy option - https://goo.gl/maps/TWKTUDxCMyy
- From the hotel, head northeast on Howe St toward Dunsmuir St, Turn right onto Dunsmuir St
- Head into the Skytrain station (which is underground) and get on the Expo Line towards King George (East) (tickets are $2.85/adult for one zone)
- Take the train two stops and exit at the Main Street/Science World Station
- Walk about one minute West on Terminal ave across the street to Science World (the building with the geodesic dome).
- Present your conference badge at the front desk and you’re in!